Zlatan Ibrahimovic to prolong his footballing career

Former Sweden international Zlatan Ibrahimovic has yet to call quits on his playing career despite his recent release from Manchester United.


The 35-year-old celebrated a Europa League and EFL Cup double with the Red Devils last season while bagging 28 goals in the process.

The veteran striker initial had his doubters prior to his switch to the Premier League, but he proved everyone wrong after he made a robust start to maiden English campaign. At 35, most players would be eyeing a potential coaching role, but Ibrahimovic has managed to keep up his fitness to earn himself a regular role in the starting lineup.

Ibrahimovic sustained a double cruciate ligament damage during the Europa League quarter-finals against Anderlecht, and this eventually played a part in his release from Old Trafford. The big Swede underwent a successful surgery following the injury, but the club were not willing to wait for his recovery which could only be complete in January next year.

The former Paris Saint-Germain posted a picture on Instagram last week where he teased the fans with a video of him kicking the ball, and agent Mino Raiola hints that the veteran still has two years in him in European football, he said, via Metro:”Many clubs have asked for Zlatan. He can play two more years and will stay in Europe, 100%.” Read Full Post…

FULL BACKS THE LAST PIECE OF PUZZLE FOR CITY

By going on a signing spree with the window yet to be officially opened, Manchester City have shown a lot of intent as to what they expect from their team and coach and to a large extent signalling to the rest of the Premier League of their desire to take next season by storm.

After joining the squad last summer, Guardiola was made to first work with the players he met on ground, at least to determine if they will fit into his long term plans and by a stretch it is safe to say the Spaniard ended the season with only a handful of them assured of inclusion come next season. Read Full Post…

DAVID MOYES RESIGNS AS SUNDERLAND COACH

Sunderland would have to search for a new coach following the resignation of manager David Moyes.


After they were relegated from the top flight to the Championship, Moyes decided to throw in the towel.

After the Black Cats lost to Bournemouth in April, their relegation was confirmed. The result of that game ended their decade long stay in the Premier League.

Moyes met with the board of the club at a meeting in London on Monday. There, the former Everton manager told the chairman Ellis Short of his decision to leave the club.

Many expected the manager to go the path of Rafa Benitez in helping the club return to the top flight as soon as possible. Moyes wished the players and his successor well in bringing the club back to the top division.

Sam Allardyce had exited the team last year to manage the Three Lions when Moyes came in. The former Manchester United coach failed to steer the ship well as the team finished bottom of the league.

Short said the exit of Moyes is “difficult” as he had chased his signature for “a considerable period” before his appointment last summer. He added that the Scot was not taking compensation, referring to it as a “testament of his character.” Short added that the management would reflect on their future and then work on recruitment. Read Full Post…

JESSE LINGARD SIGNS NEW DEAL

Manchester United have extended the deal with Jesse Lingard.


The club and the player’s rep agreed to a four-year deal with an option of an extra year. The new deal will see Lingard earn three times his wages in the range of £100,000 a week.

Lingard had a year on his former deal before both parties agreed to extend it. The home-grown talent joined the club’s academy when he was seven years. He developed with the youth team, getting his first pro deal in 2011.

The 24-year old established himself in the first team under former manager Louis van Gaal. His previous experiences at Leicester City, Birmingham City, Brighton and Derby County helped him grow. He had his debut in the senior team against the Swans on the opening day of the 2014/15 season. Since then he has gone on to play 70 times and scoring 11 goals.

“Manchester United has always been a big part of my life. I have been with the club since the age of seven and I feel great pride every time I pull the shirt on. Read Full Post…

ROBERTO CARLOS BLASTS OWEN FOR ‘EXPENSIVE’ JOKE

Legends of football from the Brazilian National team, Roberto Carlos and Ronaldo have expressed their disappointment over ex-Real Madrid teammate Michael Owen’s joke over the former striker’s weight issues.


The trio were reunited and seen together at the Bernabeu while they watched Cristiano Ronaldo receive his fourth Ballon d’Or Award.

Attention was then turned to Owen who had tweeted a picture of himself and Ronaldo with the caption: “I thought I was putting the pounds until I saw my old mate Ronnie!”

Angry reactions from football fans with so much slamming Michael Owen for his comments and one user writing: “Don’t disrespect a man that you are not worthy of.”

Real Madrid legend Roberto Carlos in his response to Owen’s joke, he is not happy. Carlos and Ronaldo are good team friends. They both played alongside for Los Blancos and the Brazil National team, so it doesn’t come as a surprise that he had to cover up for an old colleague. Read Full Post…

Jurgen Klopp Disappointed with Lack of January Signings So Far

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says that the club has been working extremely hard behind-the-scenes in order to strengthen the squad in the January transfer window.


However, he has surprisingly claimed that it has been very difficult to attract players to Anfield. It comes as a surprising statement considering that the club are challenging for the league title this season. Liverpool have slipped in recent weeks with goals against the likes of Sunderland and Manchester United before losing against Swansea this weekend, and one of the important reasons appears to be the absence of Sadio Mane.

The Senegalese international is away on international duty at the 2017 African cup of Nations. An early exit from the competition for Senegal would help Mane return back from international duty as soon as possible. Even though it may take him on the couple of weeks in order to hit the ground running, Mane’s return would be a major boost. Aware that the club are too dependent on the £34 million signing, Klopp has admitted that January signings may be possible at Anfield. Read Full Post…

Romanians near to Qualify for WC

The Romanians enhanced their World Cup qualifying points’ tally in Kazakhstan with a draw, but, they were angry on the plane back as they fell prey to a theft and lost their personal possessions on the trip.


The previous morning of the match-day in Kazakhstan, when the Romanian squad came back from the practice to the place they had been accommodated at, their money wallets and electronic gadgets were not in sight.

While the amounts that were in the wallets were not significantly big and they were only in the excess of 500 Euros, the gadgets were expensive. However, regardless of the values of the items lost, the fact of the matter was that it was a theft and any kind of theft happening to a visiting international team is a major security lapse and a major embarrassment to the host association first of all.

But what’s extraordinary after that theft was that when it was reported to the hotel management and they gave it in the knowledge of the City police, no desperate attempt was made in the next 48 hours to track down the thieves and even the officials of the Kazakhstan association didn’t push for a fast probe into the matter. It was as if nobody cared much.

The spokesperson of the Romanian touring party was literally gutted with how lightly the case was taken as he hinted before leaving Kazakhstan that that nobody in his camp had any trust left on the authorities in charge that they would get the items recovered.

He was quoted as, “I don’t think there is any information yet about those who committed the theft and frankly speaking, the progress we have seen so far, none of us is really hopeful now.”

BAYERN STAR BLASTS GUARDIOLA’S MANAGEMENT METHODS

Bayern Munich star Holger Badstuber has blasted his former manager Pep Guardiola for his management style when he was in charge at Allianz Arena.


Badstuber revealed that the Spanish tactician did not show any genuine interest in him during his stay at Bavaria. During the three year reign of Guardiola, Badstuber was mostly injured; the 27-year old says that he is only realizing how he almost felt abandoned by the Catalan when he was the boss.

“Our current coach likes to exchange opinions with the players, and so the conversation goes back and forth. That’s good too. With Pep, it was different. I would have to approach him because if I want to have a discussion then I will go looking for it,” Badstuber told Sky Deutschland.

Badstuber claims that under the current coach at Munich, players are shown more interest unlike when Guardiola was in charge at the club. Guardiola was the manager of Barcelona before his eventual move to Germany. He won honours with the club locally, but couldn’t advance much in European football during his three-year reign. He currently manages Manchester City and has been enjoying a decent run so far.
Read Full Post…